Friday, February 19, 2010

Can A Local Boy Make Good?




Way back in 1967 I was a Freshman at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, and like many students, needed money. So, I screen printed this series of mailers which I sent to about 60 Advertising Agencies and Art Studios in Pittsburgh. The response was actually pretty good since I got ongoing work from two of the Ad agencies. One of those was Marc Advertising, now the largest Agency in Pittsburgh, but at the time they were a small fry agency. I worked on design concepts for brochures and ads for the "Larger Lodger"-- a back yard storage shed. Dreadful work, but it paid the bills as they say. It also convinced me that I never wanted to work in an Advertising Agency. And over 40 years later, I have no regrets for that decision.


No comments: