Sunday, February 15, 2009

Frozen




This photo shows the frozen "image plates" in their raw state.




I'm still working on compiling images for the collection / book titled "Frozen". This image is the first in a series I'm working on where I've literally frozen natural objects in ice. I'm using containers filled with water, arranging the materials, leaving outside overnight to freeze, then I'm photographing them. The individual frozen "image plates" are about 10 inches wide x 15 inches high and are about 3/4 of an inch in thickness. I've just frozen two more, so tomorrow I plan to try something where I use all four in a set-up construction perhaps in a remote part of the woods. 

1 comment:

crustypiman said...

Beautiful work, brother. Your technique reminds me of Andy Goldsworthy. I guess I won't be able to emulate your efforts unless I move to a colder climate. I'll just have to sit here in the warm sun and enjoy your efforts. Seriously, these are great images and you did a great job. I guess the creativity has thawed!